Thursday, August 7, 2014

Smudgefest 2014 Day 4

Toil & Trouble - Use three of the listed ingredients on your project.
I have chosen Black, Ribbon, and Foil


This is a topper for a storage case.

Picture of lid in the sunlight




Topping off the Details

Main image is a Smeared Ink Rubber Club set.  This stamp is from the set Morbidly Adorable Tarot (Jan 2014) and can be seen in the Rubber Club Past Offerings.

I inked the stamp with Versa Mark Ink.  
Stamped onto foil, found in my kitchen drawer.
Used Pearl Ex colors and paint brush to color in image.
Used Crystal Effects over entire image.

Once dry, I inked up stamp again with Archival Black Ink.
Re-stamped over first image on top of dried Crystal Effects.
Used Butterscotch Alcohol Ink and Blendabilities (alcohol markers) to go over areas in image to help stand out a bit.
Adhered finished foil piece to Basic Black card stock.

Adhered ribbon (from Michael's) to back.
Once done adhered finished piece to top of lid.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

4 comments:

  1. So clever how you created this - I wish I had a couple of SI rubber stamps.....I'm having to be creative with my backgrounds as I only have digis!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the use of the foil... wonderful effect, love the colors! Wonderful topper for your case!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! So glad you explained how you did this, it looks awesome! mo x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally love this one! You Rock!

    ReplyDelete