My images are also all Smeared Ink and so will be using this project for my Smeared Ink Design Team Project. The main image is from the Venice Digi Set.
Below will be all the details on how I created the ribbon frame and made this wall hang.
Thanks again to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and be sure to get your ribbon projects in!
Main mask image was from Venice Digi Set. Printed onto Very Vanilla card stock, colored in with Blendabilities, and fussy cut.
I used Silver Dazzling Details for bells, face, and highlights on front.
Crystal Effects over entire image.
My base is a card board box that held CapriSun's.
I used a nail to punch holes around each side. Then did one more inner row.
For the metallic look, I had some Kyron Mirror Spray Paint which I then covered my base.
Red StazOn ink and En Francias background stamp (retired) were stamped to help frame the main image a bit more.
Rhinestone jewels were also added for some glitz.
I used the color of ribbons that I used in image.
Each ribbon was cut to around 4".
I started using a lollypop end to get the ribbon through the punched holes, but the stick ended up bending. I then found a plastic large sewing needle that was a lot easier to push the ribbon through.
There are at lease 3 different ribbons for each color, besides the black and gray in the corners. All ribbon is retired SU!.
Some ribbon ends were trimmed.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.
You can click on pics to enlarge.