Wednesday, May 21, 2014

HDH#189 and SoSS#8 Challenges

There are so many wonderful challenges going on right now!  I have entered my magnet into two challenges that you still have time to get your craft on and enter.

First is the Haunted Design House Macabre Monday Challenges.  This week we have Challenge #189 - Ripped to Ribbons.  Got to use those ribbons somewhere on your horroriffic creation.  THANK YOU DT for your outstanding inspiration!

Next, the sisterhood.  Oh these ladies are fabulous!  The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers are onto the next challenge.  Challenge #8 - C is for Crap.  WTF did I buy that for???  Yep, we all have said that one time or another.

On my base, besides the magnet, is a small bit off the ribbon I have purchased over the years.  Hence, WTF did I buy all that ribbon for???
Because I am a ribbon HOARDER.

In this project I believe that are are 10 - 12 different white/vanilla/natural ribbons.  That is not even close to the amount of rolls in that color scheme.  Then there are all the other colors...

Just as my guy says, "We all have demons.  I just choose to feed mine."

Deets With a Side of Fava Beans

Image
Image is by the awesome Rick St. Dennis called This Is For You.  You can find more images either on his Etsy shop or on Zibbit.
Printed out onto Vellum paper.
He is colored in with Blendabilities (new SU! alcohol markers), and markers.
I did fussy cut and edited out a little friend he had by his feet.
There is Crystal Effects over horns, eyes, teeth, hands, and "food" in the box.
He is adhered on to ribbon mat with red Sticky Strip.


Saying was randomly found and am not sure who it is by.
Wrote in black journaling pen on extra backing from a previous project.
Highlighted with white chalk marker.
Words are torn around edges and adhered with dimensionals to ribbon backing.

Ribbon
Ribbon is mostly retired SU!
Current ribbon used is:
5/8" Organza
Early Espresso 1/8" Taffeta Ribbon
7/16" Trim
Whisper White 1/4" Stitched Grosgrain
Natural 5/8" Chevron

Back of woven ribbon is taped so it will not move.
I used red Sticky Strip on magnet and adhered finished ribbon mat to magnet. 
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted

7 comments:

  1. Wahhhhh that magnet is ALL kinds of fantastic! What a great way to use up pieces of ribbon! I feed my demons regularly...they like cupcakes ha ha ha ha
    Thanks for coming back to play with the snarky sisters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't this brilliant! What is it about ribbon that we just HAVE to buy it? Wait... is that a well-fed ribbon demon magnet? So glad you came back to play with us again at the Sisterhood!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great magnet for your ribbon demon. I love his furry legs. I don't have a ribbon demon. I feed my ink and paint demon. Thanks for sharing your hoard with us at the Snarky Sisterhood

    ReplyDelete
  4. From one ribbon hoarder to another - this is hilarious!! What a great way to use all that stash of ribbon, and OMG - this just cracked me up! I think I'd be starving my demon if he looked this creepy! LOL Great job on the magnet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great idea to use ribbons this way, great image too

    love what you made, thanks for playing at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have got to be one of the most creative poeple EVER, Shoni! Fab way to use ribbon and your demon looks very well fed. Thanks for joining us in the dungeon at HDH. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a great use of Ribbon, very creative. too. When we have so much ribbon why is there never one that matches what we are doing? Thanks for playing along with us at SOSS for the C is for Crap challenge.

    ReplyDelete