Saturday, May 31, 2014

SoSS #9 Guest Designer and SI Weekly DT Project

The new challenge is up for those crafty ladies of the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers today.  The #9 Challenge is R is for Ribbon.  Use some ribbon on your project.  I am obsessed with ribbon and thankful for this opportunity to Guest Design for this challenge.  I have tried to use the ribbon in a new and fun way.

My images are also all Smeared Ink and so will be using this project for my Smeared Ink Design Team Project.  The main image is from the Venice Digi Set.

Below will be all the details on how I created the ribbon frame and made this wall hang.

Thanks again to the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers and be sure to get your ribbon projects in!

Punching out the Deets

Main mask image was from Venice Digi Set.  Printed onto Very Vanilla card stock, colored in with Blendabilities, and fussy cut.
I used Silver Dazzling Details for bells, face, and highlights on front.
Crystal Effects over entire image.

BASE
My base is a card board box that held CapriSun's. 
I used a nail to punch holes around each side.  Then did one more inner row.
For the metallic look, I had some Kyron Mirror Spray Paint which I then covered my base.
Red StazOn ink and En Francias background stamp (retired) were stamped to help frame the main image a bit more.
Rhinestone jewels were also added for some glitz.

FRAME
I used the color of ribbons that I used in image.
Each ribbon was cut to around 4".
I started using a lollypop end to get the ribbon through the punched holes, but the stick ended up bending.  I then found a plastic large sewing needle that was a lot easier to push the ribbon through.
There are at lease 3 different ribbons for each color, besides the black and gray in the corners.  All ribbon is retired SU!.
Some ribbon ends were trimmed.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.


You can click on pics to enlarge.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for being a snarky sister this week! Your ribbon project puts us all to shame, me most of all...I love the image, love the ribbon and that you re-purposed a capri sun box!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You totally blew us all away! This project is absolutely stunning - that mask is incredibly detailed (and awesome), and knowing that the frame was upcycled cardboard?? *bows* just freaking amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I admire your patience with pushing those ribbons through the cardboard. Great image and colors. Thank you for being our queen!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bow to your wizardry using ribbon! You put all the Sisters to shame! LOL! I absolutely LOVE this creation, Shoni! The use of ribbon, that image and how you made it pop off the background. The background! A bit of recycled Capri Sun box! Awesome! Thanks for joining us as our Queen for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome, awesome, awesome! Love your use of the ribbon...so worth the time! The image rocks!

    ReplyDelete