Saturday, June 29, 2013

Bo Knows Beauty- S&S Forum Challenge

Are you tired yet??  I am!  Last post for tonight and on to some R&R w/ a yummy rummy drink.

Freaky Freebie Challenge at the Smeared and Smudged Forum lets you download a FREE digital image from Smeared Ink.  This month featured a sweet little gal so named Killer Bo Peep.

I had an empty canning jar that I did not know what to do with.  I have also been wanting to make a sugar scrub, but have yet to buy all ingredients.  Went on to Google and found a facial "mask" recipe that I had all the ingredients for.  How perfect is this to fit in my personal challenge to use a mask somewhere in my project!

For my project Bo is the head of a beauty line that only uses the freshest ingredients.  Here is her Lambkin Honey Facial Mask:


DETAILS
Bo
Bo had to be altered somewhat, since in the original she is frowning.  Now, the leader of a beauty line needs to friendly and smiling.  So I used a fine tip Black Sharpie to adjust her mouth.
I also altered the bow in her hair to have polka dots and the staff bottom to a sharp point.
 
Markers and a gold marker, to color in images.

Saying by Bo's head is stamped with Basic Black ink. It is from a set called Teeny Tiny Wishes, from Stampin' Up! (SU!)

I used same sharpie to write in other sayings.

Stuffing from one of my kids pillow is glued to her hair and on jar.

Jar
The recipe I wrote on inside of Bo tag fits perfect into canning jar.  I am going to try it out this week and see how long it lasts.  Will post an update on how recipe does in a week.

I used some retired SU! chevron fabric for cover.  Bows are Summer Starfruit Satin Stitched and Daffodil Delight Seam Binding Ribbon.  Large grey ruffle is Basic Gray Two-Tone Ribbon (retired SU!).

I used a hat pin and hand made skull from Creepy Glowbugg.

Tag is stamped with Basic Gay ink, set Chalk Talk, and cut with Chalk Talk Framelit (SU!).

Facial Mask Recipe
2 Bananas
2 Tbls Honey
1/2 Lemon (20 drops)

Mash bananas.  Mix in honey.  Mix in lemon.

Spread over face with fingers.  Leave on for 5 - 10 minutes.

Wash off with cloth.  Warm or cold water. 


2 comments:

  1. This is very awesome! Love it!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a total hoot. "Bo knows beauty" Fabulous! Love your coloring and the jar is gorgeous. the mask look good enough to eat, but I'd rather share your yummy rummy drink. another uber creative project! xxD

    ReplyDelete