Sunday, June 2, 2013

Something Nice

Sometimes those kid movies get my insane mind going.  This little ditty is inspired from the movie Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs.  The main character is an inventor and created a wonderful little animal called the Ratbird.  It is a combination of a rat and parrot.  They end up saving a life, but in my project they like to take a life.

Now how perfect is this little guy for the Smudgy Antics Challenge - Feathers and Fur.  Only, I missed the deadline.  So I am going to enter this in this weeks Left Of Center Challenges - ALWAYS use anything goes as long as your project can be classified as creepy, Steampunk, Halloween, Punk, Anime, Grungy, Goth, Dark, Horror.  There are some truly amazing projects done by the Design Teams and fellow crafter's at both sites.  Please take a look.

Here is Something Nice, just for you...


The not so nice deets:
This page measure 8" x 8" and the base is Whisper White card stock.

I used a new stamp from the exclusive Smeared Ink Rubber Club for the background.  Stamp is from the set Urban Decay and is stamped in Summer Starfruit ink.

For my square pattern, I used the rubber padding that you place under a chair pillow to keep it from sliding.  I inked it with Strawberry Slush and then pressed it onto my page for some texture.  I wanted the background to look fun, nice, and pretty in contrast to what is going on with the main naughty creature.

To make the Ratbird, I used a toy rat that I got from the Dollar Store.  3 of these little guys for $0.50!

I had some left over feather, probably from Walmart, that I used for the wings.  I did cut them down a bit and left the ones on body the colors they came in.

The fur on the body is an ear from some stuffed animal that my kids had when they were little.  I never did sew it back on.  Oh well.  I used Basic Black reinker and a bit of water to dye the fur.

I used Crystal Effects to attach the fur and wings once the fur was dry.

A red Sharpie marker was used to color in the pearl eyes.  Then a black Sharpie for eye centers.

I had just gotten a package from a wonderful person who made the brain on my page.  You can find more brains and cool creations by Creepy Glowbugg Conoctions HERE.

I stamped the saying in Elegant Eggplant.  Stamp is from a retired set called Tags Til Christmas, from Stampin' Up!.

Crystal Effects was also used over the work Naughty to highlight it. 

1 comment:

  1. Perfect! Bummer you missed the challenge. Love your imagination, Shoni. The thing that surprised me most was that the sentiment stamp was from Stampin' Up. LOL Love it! xxD

    ReplyDelete