Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Weeky DT Project for Smeared Ink

Have to give a shout out to the Bronco's for making it to Superbowl!  So exciting and you know we'll be watching and cheering on in a couple of weeks.

For my Weekly Smeared Ink Design Team project, I have used a wonderful image from a fabulous artist Ike (Susan Eisenhauer), who did this image called Rollers, for Smeared Ink.  Visit Ike's Art to see more of her outstanding images.
I have used one of the techniques from the Art Journal Every Day (AJED) Group on the Smeared and Smudged Forum, Scrap Paper Background from Aletha J. Williams.  Thank you so much Aletha and other members of the AJED team that comes up weekly inspiration and tutorials for us newbies!

As you may have read in past posts I am trying an Art Journal this year and am seriously enjoying every minute of it.  For some reason all of may pages have consisted of what some may consider women behaving badly.  For others their behavior is totally understandable, you just have to look at it from their point of view.  I am sure you know which side I fall under, lets see what you think of my latest page...


Curling Details
Rollers was printed out onto Whisper White card stock.  Colored in with markers and Blender Pen.  Fussy cut and torn along the bottom.

Background was pieced together with random pieces of designer paper, card stock, and other bits and pieces that I have in "junk drawer".

Crystal Effects is over entire background.  I used Red Maya Mist Spritz.  Martha Stewart bone punch for all the little bones which I sprinkled around main image.

Words were written in blue Sharpie and then cut.  Adhered to page with dimensionals and Crystal Effects over each one.

Swirls on edges were hand doodled with gold pen.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. Oooh !!! It's great to see you trying out Aletha's background technique and it looks fabulous. Great colouring on the image (thanks for using one of mine). I love that you are taking on the Journal - I am still just dipping my toes !!

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome attempt at the technique! I love how everything is so colorful and yet it blends and works well together, and of course your bad girl running theme is very evident :)

    ReplyDelete