Shoni - You Are HERE at Crafty Inknik
Rocio - So Sorry but not able to participate this month
Hello and hope you are having a great time on the first Smeared Ink Design Team Blog Hop for 2014. Be sure to check back the last Monday of every month because we will be getting crafty just for you.
You may have just arrived from Kapree's fab blog, and are now here at Shoni aka Crafty Inknik. Up next is Ike and her wonderful project.
Smeared Ink has so many wonderfully fun images and for this January DT Blog Hop we had to choose one of our favorite images. This was very hard, but I kept thinking about one image. It was the image I used on my first DT project back in October when I officially became a Smeared Ink DT member. This rubber stamp is from the set Morte (June 2013 drawn by Mr. Rick St. Dennis) and is from the Smeared Ink Rubber Club.
The Details are in the Frame
Two things inspired this wall hang. One was the Junk Funk January Challenge over at the Smeared and Smudged Forum. The challenge is Packaging. It can be packaging from Christmas or general packaging you have got ready to go in the recycling bin. I have a box that did contain a Christmas gift and so decided to use and alter it.
The second inspiration was coffee filters. I wanted to try something different and something that I have not played with for a while. Usually I used ink and dye the filters, but saw some great looking frames that inspired me to create mine.
The bottom part of the box was covered with dryer sheets and Black Gesso. It was then opened to lay flat. I had folded and twisted a whole bunch of filters to look like little fans. Each one was then hot glued with a glue gun to make a frame. I did two layers for the frame.
Grosgrain Black Striped Ribbon (retired SU!) was then hot glued to cover the twisted ends of the coffee filters.
Stamp from Morte, Smeared Ink Rubber Club past offering set, was ink with Versa Mark ink. I stamped image in the center on the Gesso-ed dryer sheet. Silver Embossing Powder over image and then heat set with heat gun. I did use a Versa Mark marker to make the cracks around face go a bit further towards the ribbon. Repeat with Silver EP and heat gun.
Frame was spritzed with Silver Smooch Spritz all around to give a moldy appearance.
Embellies are from stash and hot glued on.
You know I had to use Crystal Effects somewhere (!!) and did use on eyes of main image and each of skull sockets on frame.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.