Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Weekly Smeared Ink DT Project

Fat Tuesday and what better way than to celebrate this day than with a new Art Journal!  I am using watercolor paper as my base for each page.

My art journal page for my Weekly Smeared Ink Design Team project uses a stamp I just got from the set Danse Macabre (January 2014) and a partial saying from the stamp set Occasions Grumpies (September 2013). Both sets I received from the Smeared Ink Rubber Club.

Since I have only used Smeared Ink stamps I am also going to put this page in the Smudgy Antics Anything Goes Challenge found in the Challenger Group on the Smeared and Smudged Forum for this month.  Get over to the Smeared and Smudged Forum and check out the challenges, groups, and talented people.

I was also inspired by a wonderful ground which can be found at the Smeared and Smudged Forum called Art Journal Everyday.  This fab group has wonderful Design Team Members that give you prompts and techniques to help you create fun new pages for your art journal.

I have used Technique #15, done by Titbelsoeur, for this/these pages which I am planning on turning into a journal.  I just love this technique!!  Live it up tonight and get crafty!


FLASH

NO FLASH
Drinks N' Deets

I stamped my image from Danse Macabre Smeared Ink Rubber Club set onto scrap paper.  Fussy cut.
Looked in some magazines until I saw this page w/ lots on it.  Tried a few pictures then saw the hat shape and the bottle.
Used the two pictures and my fussy cut guy to make my template.  I found an old piece of plastic in my stash and used a black Sharpie to make outlines.
Fussy cut my drawn shape on the plastic.

Background is use of bubble wrap, Dylusion Spray Inks, templates, and random texture pieces I could find.

Saying is "get lit" from the original saying "let's get lit for the holidays" from the Occasions Grumpies stamp set, Smeared Ink Rubber Club.  I stamped in Early Espresso ink inside image on left and around image on the right.

Skelli was re-stamped with Cajun Craze ink on right side.
I used a gold marker to outline each dancing guy.
Spritzed Gold Smooch (retired SU!) over entire page.
All materials used are current Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

2 comments: