Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Smeared Ink Forum Swap and Left Of Center Challenge 14

Well hello everyone!  End of the month is near and my room is almost done.  I am so happy to be able to get some challenges done.  This is also in prep for the upcoming 31 Days of Halloween 5.  I will post more info on Thursday so that you can really get ready for this awesome event.

I joined, for the first time, in an ATC swap hosted by the Smeared Ink Forum.  They do so much over there!  The September theme was Time.  Use of gears, clocks, and watches in your ATC is the main goal.  I can not wait for next week when I get to open my mailbox and see a package full of others wonderful talent.  AND I get to see them in real life.

Left of Center Challenge Blog has a challenge right now that is NO DP, Challenge 14.  You can not use any designer paper in your project.

I had a great time making this ATC and hope you find some inspiration from it as well.
Deets
I started with Very Vanilla card stock, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2".
Versa Marked, inked, large back ground clock stamp.  Clear Embossing Powder over stamped image and heat set.
Inks were sponged on.
I used a punch for the cogs and did not punch all the way through, just to give a little more dimension and texture.
Background images were then stamped with slightly darker inks.
Bird images were stamped with Mustard Staze On.
I used a template for the darker blue spots in the upper right area.
Some gears are stamped with Silver Encore ink.
A 1" punch was used on the upper circle clock and a mini brad placed in center.
Saying is stamped with Black Staze On.
Rhinestone Jewels, mini brads, and a silver metal swirl paperclip from stash, are the embellishments.
I roughed up the edges and adhered to Midnight Muse card stock, with dimensionals.  
Gold Shimmer Spritz over entire ATC.

Stamps Used from Stampin' Up!
Clockworks
Serene Silhouettes
Favorite Thoughts (retired SU!)
Sense of Time (retired SU!)
Print Pattern (retired SU!)

 All materials used are from Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how beautiful this is! I love the colours and the images in this tiny work of art. Thank you for playing with us at LOC. xxx Keren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous ATC! Love all the little details! Thanks for joining us at Left of Centre this week! Mo dt xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I saw this on LOC and had to comment on how stunning this is! Love your blog too :)

    ReplyDelete