Thursday, January 8, 2015

Smudgy Antics SIDT Check Book Cover

The weekend is almost here and I do hope that you get some time to get crafty, inky, and creative!  I thank all of you who do visit to find out more about my SIDT projects.

My project for today uses one of the Smeared Ink Rubber Club Past Offering sets:  Danse Macabre and a bit of Jack.

If you happen to use Smeared Ink's unique stamps, we would love to see your project and get it entered into the Smudgy Antics Monthly January Anything Goes Challenge

I do not know about you, but for some reason the covers for my checks are all blue.  When reaching into my bag to dig one out I always grab the wrong one.  Well...NO MORE!  Here is my new check book cover:


Doop-da-doop Deets

Printed music is from ACDC Whole Lotta Rosie, which was a project that I never got around to making...sound familiar anyone??  But now it got used, woohoo!



Cut and adhered to outside of blue check book cover with Sticky Strip.


Main Image
Background
On Whisper White card stock, used distress inks and sponge w/ a spray bottle with water.  Blended and re-inked here and there to get colors to blend.  Let dry.
Used a small dot stencil and same process to add some pattern.  Let dry.
Sponged around all edges.

Stamped dancing skellies with Versa Mark ink, covered with White Embossing Powder and heat set.
Words and music notes were stamped with Black StazOn ink.

Adhered finished piece to front of check book cover with sticky strip.
Used some gold dotted washi tape around edges.
Went over entire cover with light amount of Crystal Effects to help keep papers down.

No comments:

Post a Comment