Wednesday, October 30, 2013
31 DOH - Day 30 WARNING - Gory Images
You are now here at Shoni aka Crafty Inknik's and should have just left Roni's blog. Jenn is next on the wonderfully talented Wicked Blogger list, that is on your left if you just joined us.
Thanks Smeared Ink and the Smeared and Smudged Forum for hosting this 31 Days of Halloween event. And another HUGE THANKS to all the Sponsors who have been so generous all month long.
We made it to Day 30! Everyone who has been here for the full month, and those of you who are intermittent, thank you so much for viewing and commenting. To start from the beginning, see daily winners, and for more info check out Terra's Blog.
I had this wonderfully uber, ucky, idea a few weeks ago. It was cemented this past weekend when I sat down and caught up on American Horror Story Coven and saw (heheheee) the episode called "Boy Parts". Basically, the two witches are in the morgue cutting and sewing the best parts of multiple boys together for the perfect boyfriend.
I had this Workbench tutorial...somewhere. Tore into every box and checked every binder. This project almost did not happen, but found it! Lucky for you, the Workbench of Death was created. I kept the images without color because I thought all the red on the workbench spoke for itself. Extreme, yes. Gory, yes. The perfect boyfriend soon to be completed, yes. What can I say, I grew up on 80's horror movies!
Hack Sawed Deets
I used a digi paper from Smeared Ink called Slasher Digital Paper Pack. I printed it out onto Smoky Slate card stock (cs), two times.
All pieces to make the workbench base and drawer are from this printed cs.
Cork board piece that is holding the tools has been embossed with Dots Embossing Folder. Then inked with Crumb Cake ink.
Silver Mini Brads are the faux nails to hold up tools.
Front is Basic Black cs embossed with a cross hatch embossing folder from Cuttlebug.
Silver Encore ink on to make to look like metal.
1/2" Circle punch for handle.
Silver Glitter Brad for handle center.
In drawer I place sewing needles, rolled strips of dry sheets, inked strips of dryer sheets, and Linen Thread.
Silver Encore ink is on all edges, sides and tops of bench.
I hand drew each blade, on the printed Smoky Slate cs and cut out. Marker was used to add more blood to blade edges.
Hand drawn handles on Basic Black cs. Cut out and adhered to finished blade.
Images are from Smeared Ink set called Gross Anatomy.
They are printed out and fussy cut.
I did have to cut arm off and re-place to fall right.
All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.