I am very happy, for the next 3 months, to be part of the new Ike's World Challenge Design Team. I hope to bring you more creativity from the fun challenges that will be offered every 2 weeks.
Ike's World Challenges is a new blog but lets get it here to stay.
Please check out Ike's Art Shop for images to play along with us. There is a wide variety and I know that Santa is calling my name! Check out the shop to see what I mean, heheheeee. You can click the links here on this post, or there are some buttons on the right side that will get you there also.
Be sure to check out all the new design team members because I know that they have created some wonderful projects for you.
Here we go! We were all given the same image to create with and it is simply stunning. This month is Breast Cancer Awareness, which is the theme for this image and for the 2 week Challenge. This is also Challenge #2 - Awareness.
When I printed this out I was a little stumped on what to create. I saw how beautifully drawn the image was and wanted to show her off. If you know me, I am a ribbon hoarder and hate to use it. But, this image had to use some and I am so happy with how it ended up. My Awareness poster:
Sweet lady is printed onto an 81/2" x 11" Whisper White card stock. She is fussy cut and place on a Basic Black card stock.
Ribbon was adhered before placing finished lady. All ribbon on background is Stampin' Up! and sorry to say but retired as well. Ribbon on front is current and is called Primrose Petals, 3/8" Stitched Satin. I used an Exacto knife on each side of her wrist and ran the ribbon through.
A friend of mine let me use some of her cutting dies with the two floral designs that I used on her. I apologize because I did not ask where or who they were by. One was more plant like, on her face and hand. The other had the image of the butterfly and flowers, her neck, shoulders, and front.
I placed the cut images over the open areas and used a Stipple Brush and inks (Blushing Bride & Smoky Slate) to add images to her.
The Blushing Bride ink was used with an Aqua Painter and then marker to color in her ear, eyes, lips and fingernails.
A little bit of Smoky Slate, applied with Aqua Painter, on eyes and eyebrows.
Basic Black ink is sponged on all sides of cut image.
Hard to see in pic but poster is really hanging up.
All materials used are Stampin' Up! unless otherwise noted.