Saturday, October 5, 2013

31 DOH - Day 5

 It is Day #5 of the 31 Days of Halloween event, held by Smeared Ink and the Smeared and Smudged Forum.  To start from the beginning, see daily winners, and for more info check out Terra's Blog.

The Wicked Blogger list is on your left under my personal info.  You should have just seen Roni's blog and are now here at Shoni aka Crafty Inknik's blog.  Up next is Jenn.  I also want to thank everyone for their kind and funny comments.  Did not realize how many people dislike Peeps! 

I was able to get my hands on some of these metal squares from Oh My Crafts!.  I did a warehouse tour a couple of years ago, so I am not sure if they still sell them or not.  Square is 6" x 6".  I wanted to make the stamped images look like they were coming out of the "mist".  Like someone said the other day in their post, not quite what I had pictured in my head.

DEETS
Tim Holtz Alcoholic Inks on metal first. 
Added the Decor Elements from Spooky Things set from Stampin' Up! (retired)
Rub Ons (sayings) from SU! (retired).
Stamped images are all in Black Staze On.
Skull - Inkadinado, set Nevermore
Mystic - Smeared Ink Rubber Club set Voodoo, August 2013 drawn by Rick St. Dennis
Bottles - Smeared Ink Rubber Club set Morte, June 2013 drawn by Rick St. Dennis
Web is hand drawn with Silver marker and around "31".
Small Rhinestone Jewels for eyes.

CIP - Crafty Inknik Prize!!
 Don't forget to post today for the prize that was offered in Tuesday's post.
Today is the last day to post your comments AND your favorite Halloween movies.
If you forgot or did not get a chance to, don't worry, I'll be offering more later.
REMEMBER TO:
 Leave a comment every day for 5 days about that day's post AND your favorite Halloween movie.  Yup, that is 5 different movies!  Your name will be entered into a drawing for the candle.
I will have a separate blog post on the 6th of October announcing the winner.

Wonder what this is?

20 comments:

  1. Very spooky spider. Great piece

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cool effect on that metal, Shoni! The images really do look like they're coming out of the mist and the spip=ders in the forgroun...EEEK!!!! I suppose I should go a little creepier with my movies, eh? How about Pet Semetary? Love Stephen King! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, love the colours on the metal. The images do look like they are floating on the surface. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet in person it looks even more amazing. The background is wonderful.

    Has anyone mentioned Frankenweenie?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great creation, I almost missed the image but looked a second time and they do look misty! =)
    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOoooo fangtastic tile, love the metal and the images do look like they're shrouded in a murky mist!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This a masterpiece. I love that background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cool! Love the metal and the misty images!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic work...love all the layers. The ghouls in the background do look they are coming through the mist. Love your spider!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love this gorgeous back ground love the stamps

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome back ground on this! Super great job!
    Peace,
    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your background is stunning!! I love the shadowy look of the stamps behind that spider!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this stunning background. I like how it looks all shadowy and creepy. Great project.

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is great! I love that its metal! what a lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awesome! Even if this isn't how you pictured it, it's freakin' amazing! Love the background :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. FAbulous project - had to read how it was done, didn't realise that was on metal - love it!!! Finally the movie i force myself to watch cos its so freakin scary is Stephen King's 'It'!! Clown's have never been the same since Tim Curry!!! Mo x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very cool!! LOVE the Three-Eyed Spider!! I LOVE the movie`'The Blob"!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love how some of the stamps look ghostly! I bet that warehouse tour was fun! Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  19. SPOOKY I love the three eyed spider... the spiders legs off the side gave me a creepy spine chill.

    ReplyDelete