Monday, October 21, 2013

Smudgy Antics Color Challenge Week 1



Smudgy Antics has a new 2 week Color Challenge up.  There are some wonderful DT projects to get you started.  You must use at least 3 of the colors, which are: Dark Grey, Magenta, Dark Green, Black, and Dark Orange.

 I have used Dark Grey, Magenta, Black and Dark Orange for my magnet hang for this Smudgy Antic's Color Challenge.  Flash brightened it up a bit, IRL it is a little darker.

Silent Deets
This is a 5" x 5" square piece of the card board that comes in the Stampin' Up! Designer Paper packs to help keep the paper from being bent.
I used Gumball Green ink pad directly onto backing to cover entire area.
"Rock wall" is cut up pieces of the left over rubber from the Smeared Ink Rubber Club stamp sets.  Adhered with Tombow glue. 
I added White Gesso over rubber pieces and let dry.
Very hard to see, but once Gesso was dry, I inked again with Tangerine Tango ink.
Then spritzed with a combo of Silver Smooch Spritz, Basic Black ink, and alcohol.  
Crystal Effects was put randomly through out the cracks.
Added some netting that was from a bag.

Fae Frog
Fea Frog is an image from Smeared Ink that was printed on Very Vanilla card stock. 
Color markers and Blender Pen used to color in.
White Gel Pen on winds to help pop wings.
Added black Sharpie to Pearl Jewels to give pop to the eyes.
Entire image was covered with Crystal Effects and fussy cut.

Pansy Punch was used to punch out flowers from designer paper from stash.  
Each was spritzed with Cut Grass Dylusions Ink Spray and combo spritz from above.
Smaller flower is originally yellow and from stash. 
It is inked with Aqua Painter and Cajun Craze ink.
Eyeballs are from a bracelet that I disassembled for parts.
I used a Metallic Green Shapie for cornea.  Then a black Sharpie for eye center.
Each center then has Crystal Effects on it.
Flowers assembled and then adhered to front with Sticky Strip.

Saying is a piece of chipboard that was covered with Gesso.
Ink added with sponge.
Versa Mark ink over entire piece.  
Wild Wasabi Embossing Powder sprinkled over and heat set.
Saying from As Death (October 2012), Smeared Ink Rubber Club and stamped with Black Staze On.
Edges ink with Staze On.

Added some fun little critters with Crystal Effects.
Used magnetic strips on back.
Hard to tell, but piece is hanging up on my metal file tower.
All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.


  1. I love it! LOL, great minds think a-like coz I do this with my scrap rubber too! heehee!

  2. Oh how freakin' cool! I would have never have thought of using the left over rubber. Love this!

  3. OMG! Fabulous texture and colors. Love those eyeballs. xxD

  4. ohh great idea using the rubber bits! And such a neat page!

  5. Love how you used the left over rubber, I used to save mine and never came up with an idea to use it. The project is creep-tastic, what a scary litlte guy and I love love love the eye flowers!

  6. WOW... love your stamp for the background... GREAT up-cycle... one scary card... the eyes just creep me out!!!!!