Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Smeared and Smudged Forum Rock N Rolla Challenge

Once again it is the end of the month and I had a couple of hours to finish up the projects I have been working on.  I am looking forward to the kids being back in school, less company, and more time to get crafty!!

Lots of posts today and all for the December Challenges on the Smeared and Smudged Forum.  Remember this is a free forum and please check out all the great groups, tutorials, challenges, and talented members.

This post of for the Rock N Rolla Challenge that is featuring a song by The Killers called Don't Shoot Me Santa.  Perfect for this time of year, no?  Well for some of us anyway.  This was a challenge and I finally had an idea that I think came out pretty neat-o.  Here is my entry, a 6" x 6" page:


Dead On Details
The main image, in black, is part of a napkin.  I peeled off the white backing, then cut out the piece I wanted to use.
I then stamped the cross hair, bullet marks and tarantula's on the napkin front.  I used stamps from my ongoing membership to Smeared Ink's Rubber Club stamp sets - Chicks Dig Guns (November 2013) and Killer Bo (not available right now).

The backing for this is on Very Vanilla card stock cut to 6" x 6".
I used a marker for the border, and the saying under the napkin - "Don't shoot me Santa Clause...I've done everything you asked me to."  A quote from the song.
I then glued the napkin to the card stock.
I used Coarse Gel Texture around the frame.  Let dry.
Spritzed with Log Cabin Smooch Spritz.
Added Stitched Felt Winter Wishes embellies (retired SU!).
Medium Jewel Rhinestones for eye centers.
All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.

2 comments:

  1. What a cool looking napkin! I can never find things like that over here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that is one cool napkin and I love how the words come through from behind and the festive Christmas elements. xxD

    ReplyDelete