Thursday, December 12, 2013

Smeared Ink's December Blog Hop

DECEMBER MEMBER BLOG HOP-
ANYTHING GOES

The holidays are upon us and yet the 12 of us were able to squeeze in this hop.  Crazy, insane, or just too much time on our hands??  Who knows, but what I do know is that there will be some wonderfully creative projects for your viewing pleasure.  Please leave a comment if you can, I know I appreciate your thoughts as do others.

I have the list of Hop Members below if you like to jump around, or are lost.  You should have arrived from Evil Edna's blog.  You are now at Shoni's aka Crafty Inknik.  Next up is Maureen.  Have fun and enjoy.

The theme for the Blog Hop was Anything Goes, so here we go....
I have been making/sewing these wonderful hand bags for friends and family.  I think I have about 7 done so far.  This was my first ever bag that I made and just love it.  I had a flower that was suppose to go on but...when I saw the set of images, Eyes in the Dark, from Smeared Ink, I had to use the Great Horned Owl.




BLOG HOP MEMBER LIST
 Kay
 Kapree 

Downy Deets

Bag
This bag pattern is called Runaround Bag #111, by Lazy Girl Designs.  I took a class at the beginning of the month at a local shop.  I am not sure of the fabric, we were able to pick out our own two fat quarter colors.

Image was printed out on Neena Paper.  
Colored in with markers and Blender Pen.
Gold Marker for eyes.
Crystal Effects over entire image.
Fussy cut and then adhered to a pin.
Crumb and Early Espresso Tulle ribbon (retired SU!) behind and pinned.
All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.






11 comments:

  1. Beautiful work I must get that owl very soon it is lovely. Thank you for sharing such a awesome project.
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this! I am a big fan of owls.:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. that is so cool, very striking. EE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Shoni!! this is amazing! I love the bag it's so cute!!! Love the owl badge on there, really works well with the colours! Fab!! Happy to be hopping with you today! Mo xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Shoni! Well, if I don't keep busy, the voices in my head won't shut down, lol! I love you bags! Your friends are super-duper lucky! The owl just makes my day.

    xoxo
    Rocio

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shoni this is awesome I want to put an order in !! I Love it !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great handbag, I love sewing but haven't done it in a while.
    Thanks for sharing this creation.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are one talented lady, this bag is FABULOUS and the image works perfectly :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. You can do ANYTHING, can't you? Sewing on top of all the other fab stuff you do. Truly AMAZING! love the shape and colors of this and that owl pin just ROCKS! xxD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...wonderful fabric bag. Love the owl embellishment. Looks great with your fabric choice. So talented!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG, the owl just pops! Fabulous coloring and what an awesome project :)

    ReplyDelete