Friday, December 13, 2013

Smeared Ink Weekly Design Team Project

Every week I will be posting a Design Team Project using only Smeared Ink images, rubber or digital.
You can also check out my team mates wonderful work as well.  They are listed on the left side under About Me section.

This project can also be seen on the Smeared and Smudged Forum.  I so encourage you to join this wonderful community and free forum.  I am inspired pretty much every day by all the talent and out of the box creations there.

I have recently been trying to attempt an Art Journal (AJ).  I love to get my fingers inky and it seems that this is just the thing for that.  My project today is two pages in my AJ.  These pages have been inspired from a group on the Smeared and Smudged Forum called Art Journal Every Day.  It is Technique #3 from the Mixed Media University Group (on Forum), where you use your left over paint.  I cheated a little and used new paint, but the applying process was the same.

Smeared Ink just came out with a new images called It Could Be.  So gorgeous and had to use.

First photo is with flash

Second photo is no flash

Hands On Deets

Top Page
Technique #3 was used and then let dry.
White Guesso for under the words was put on with a paint brush and let to dry.
I used stamps from past offerings of the Smeared Ink Rubber Club set Prints (March 2013).  Large hands stamped with Black Staze On. Small hands around border are stamped with Silver Encore Ink.
Black Sharpie fin tip pen used for words.
Markers for the bits of red.
Entire page was inked with Versa Mark ink and then embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and set with heat gun.
Blue eyelets from stash and Crop-a-dile to set eyelets.

Bottom Page
It Could Be image was printed onto Whisper White card stock.
When background, using Technique #3, was dry I used White Guesso to printed side of image and on background.  I then pressed image side down and let dry.
When dry, I used a wet cloth and got rid of the extra card stock by rubbing off.  Image stayed.  This technique was also found on the forum.  (I rubbed a little to hard and pieces of the image did come off, so be careful!)
She is colored in with markers and Blender Pen.
Hand stamps from past offerings of the Smeared Ink Rubber Club set Prints (March 2013).  Small hands around border are stamped with Silver Encore Ink.
Black Sharpie pen used for words.
Entire page was inked with Versa Mark ink.  Embossed with Clear Embossing Powder and set with heat gun.
Eyelets from Stampin' Up! (retired) and Crop-a-dile to set eyelets.

All materials used are Stampin' Up! and are current unless otherwise noted.

3 comments:

  1. This looks awesome! I'll have to try that image technique sometime, it turned out really cool looking.:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just love this! Brilliant how you combined the two images together in concept like that, and thank you for sharing details on how you got that awesome background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this turned out so cool, Shoni! Still haven't tried to transfer and image like that. Note to self...quit being such a chicken and try some new stuff. LOL xxD

    ReplyDelete