Thursday, April 18, 2013

April Smeared and Smudged Member Blog Hop

APRIL BLOG HOP 
I have joined this months Smeared and Smudged member blog hop, Dirty Vintage  The rules are to use vintage style images, make it dirty by grunging it up, distressing it, or making it just plain DIRTY!.  I am excited to see what everyone else has created and will be hopping around myself. 
Blog Hop links are below, and should be up by 9:00am, so go get dirty today.

My husband and I will be celebrating 10 years of marriage next year.  Hubby is not quite as gruesome, or as old, as Vlad in my 12" x 12" scrapbook page.  But, I hope that he has that intense and insane look 50 years from now!

I do have to make a quick apology to Mr. Rick St. Dennis in that I had to free hand re-draw his wonderful lines, after adding the texture to face and hands.  So that is why Vlad looks a bit off and not quite like the original.



Here are the bloggers that are in April's Blog Hop:
SHELL
 BLACK DRAGON
KAPREE
MADELEINE BOUQUET
SUSAN
HAZEL 
KAY
MONIQUE
WENDY
ANNA
FIONA

THE DEETS:
12" x 12" Page
The two designer papers I used are Stampin' Up!.  The base is from a pack called Sent With Love and the floral is from Tea For Two.
I used a large background stamp for flowers on the bottom of page called Pleasant Poppies.  The key image is from the stamp set Established Elegance.  Spot mark stamp from the set of French Foliage.  Saying on floral designer from the stamp set Blooming With Kindness.  All stamp sets are Stampin' Up! and are current.
I spritzed base with Riding Hood Red re-inker (SU!) mixed with water, Maya Mist called Mulberry Red Mist, and randomly sponged with Soft Suede ink (SU!).
I drew in the journal lines with Stampin' Dazzle Gold Marker.
The 10's are die cut (SU!), crinkled and sponged on Vellum card stock (SU!).
Used Smooch Vanilla Spritz over entire page to finish.


Vlad
I printed off a digital stamp from Rick St. Dennis, Vlad, onto an 8 1/2" x 11" sheet of card stock.
For the facial and hand skin, I mixed Gesso and Stampin' Up! re-inkers to get my color.  Then added a texture from MuddPuddles.net called Marine, to make skin look warty.  I lucked out when I went to put Crystal Effects over texture that it turned the lovely color that it did.  I then used markers to shade and outline.

Eyes and mouth are highlighted with Crystal Effects.

I shaded the shirt, but wanted to give it a more "old" look.  I traced arms with black Sharpie onto Vellum card stock, then cut out and used Crystal Effects to glue to arms on printout.  Liked the look and did the same with ruffled front of shirt.

Vest and pants are colored in with inks, blender pen, and Aqua Painter (all SU!).  I used the Gold Marker for the pendent, clasps, and stitching.

Stems & Flowers
Stems are Basic Grey card stock spritzed with Old Olive re-inker and Vanilla Smooch Spritz mixture.

Flowers are punched from XL Fancy Flower punch (SU!) and newspaper.  I then spritzed the punched flowers with Riding Hood Red re-inker (SU!) mixed with water, Maya Mist called Mulberry Red Mist, and Pink Pirouette Smooch.

13 comments:

  1. Oh this is brilliant and what a great Scrapbook page, Love Vlad hes so creepy, Love Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooo he is creepy. Lol

    Great job

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has such great texture! Very cool.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok this is awesome! his face is so creepy and cool! I love the texture! great work soooooo creepy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful...zombie in rose..so funeral like wonderful idea and beautiful piece..awesome art my friend
    hugs
    susan s

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous SB page Shoni Love what you have done to the RStD image, FAB! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a super cool layout Shoni. Love all the texture and distressing elements you used. Thanks for sharing your techniques. Love Vlad's warty face and hands, just wouldn't want them touching me, lol! Great work...Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shoni, I love your scrap page! Vlad looks ultra creepy with the texture you've added and your papers and layout are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okey! This really gave me the creeps! Such a great page! Lovely and aweful at the same time! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How very Zombish of you this looks great

    ReplyDelete
  11. FAb vintage papers and I love the creepy texture you've given to Vlad. Great work and Happy anniversary. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks fine to me
    good job!

    ReplyDelete