Thursday, April 25, 2013

HDH 165 - Into The Earth You Shall Go

Haunted Design House Challenge 165 - anything relating to skeletal remains e.g. skulls, skeletons and bones etc.

See what you can dig up by checking out the challenge.  They last 2 weeks, so no reason to join.  

I have finished cutting and mounting my new stamps and wanted to use the skeleton in the lower right on page.  I kept making things that I did not like.  Set aside the image and decided to let my brain stew on it for a little bit.  I woke up this morning and new what I wanted to do.

I love this quote and what not better to store those skeletal remains and soon to be dead other than those fantastic structures called mausoleums.  "...and into the earth you shall go."
Here is my entry:

DETAILS
This is an 8" x 8" scrapbook page.  
I used Google for mausoleum images and found three that I liked.  They are the top two and lower left images.
The saying and the skeleton on the lower right are from Smeared Ink.  I just became a member of their rubber stamp club and got these great stamps last month.
The lower center is a stamp from Lost Coast Stamps called Ancient Man i.  I drew in the skeleton lines on face and neck.  I also used a gold marker for the leaf crown.
On each images I used inks and an Aqua Painter to color in and around images.
There is also Crystal Effects on a single image in each of the 5 images. 
All stamped images where inked with Black Staze On.
Designer paper, card stock, inks, and supplies are from Stampin' Up!

I am also going to use this project for the Architechural GDT Challenge on the Smeaerd and Smudged Forum.

5 comments:

  1. This is really a moving piece! Love how you've mounted the quote in the middle of the the fab images. Thanks for joining us again at HDH. Love your work. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. A great page. I love the lost coast stamp.
    Thanks for joining us at haunted design house.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fabulous page Matney, very poignant. Great use of images. Thank you for sharing with us at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous piece and I really like the bloke at the bottom :-)
    Thank you for playing along with us at Haunted Design House :-)
    IKE xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab work, very eerily brilliant. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete