Monday, April 8, 2013

Your Advice,

Woo Hoo, new month, new challenges!  Get over to the Smeared and Smudged forum to play along.
Eeeek, Spring Break is this week here and I am going to lose some creative time.  I hope to get to some challenges that I have my eye on so there my be a lot of posts today.

The Rock N Rolla Challenge for April is Nirvana's song Heart Shaped Box.  There were a lot of ideas that went through my head.  The images that stuck with me were the muscles and tendons, poppies and butterflies, and the little girl in white.  Then of course the lyrics had to be in there somewhere also.

I am really happy with my 12" x 12" page.  Hope it has some inspiration in there for you.
Have a great week and go create!


THE DEETS
First, all products used to make this page are from Stampin' Up!

CHEST
I really wanted to use the image of the muscles and tendons of the upper body.  But how to make???  Stampin' Up! has Filter Paper pieces that I decided to use.  I cut it into strips and ran it though the Big Shot in the Embossing Folder Woodgrain.  Then used the Pink Pirouette ink pad directly onto filter paper.  Highlighted the embossed ridges with Riding Hood Red ink.

I hand drew the body first onto Very Vanilla.  Then used the Aqua Painter and Calypso Coral ink to help with the definition of the muscles.

I tore up the filter paper into strips and adhered them to my base with Snail, tape runner.

Once all the strips were down, I used the Riding Hood Red Marker to help define the muscles once more.  Trimmed and adhere to my 12" x 12" Designer Paper.

HEART
I made this mosaic heart stamp with left over pieces of rubber.
It was Versa Marked then stamped onto Whisper White card stock.
I used Iridescent Ice and Basic Black Embossing Powder with heat gun.
I applied ink directly from pads to embossed heart 
(Tempting Turquoise and Bravo Burgundy)

HAT
The filter paper comes in 12" x 6" strips and 6" circles.
I folded sides of one circle and adhered to a triangle from Whisper White card stock.
I used the large background stamp Pleasant Poppies which were embossed with Basic Black Embossing Powder.  I colored in flowers with Riding Hood Red Marker.

Edges of page were sponged and stamped with Basic Black ink and mosaic heart stamp.

2 comments:

  1. Very cool intrepretation of the song. Love how you made the muscles and the fractured heart stamp is immense. xxD

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darn, I've been forgetting to hit Publish I guess. I really loved this even before I saw all of the work involved but that ups it considerably. I especially love the heart stamp you made with the bits of rubber. I have bags of that stuff and now an idea of what to do with it!

    ReplyDelete