I started scrunching the foil to the form that I wanted the tree to be.
Then added more foil at the bottom to make a thick trunk.
I also kept this part of the tree pretty lose so that when I did add the faces at the bottom it would be easier to press them into the trunk.
I had to use folded squares to first form the face with a stylus, then I used Crystal Effects to help hold the faces in place once they were pressed into the trunk. There are 9 faces around trunk.
Once the faces were in place and dry, I used a blue Sharpie to color in the eyes and mouth.
I finished twisting and forming the tree, then spritzed with Mulberry Red Maya Mist, and a concoction of acrylic paint (Burnt Umber) and alcohol. The spirtzing really helped in showing all the grooves and cracks in the tree.
I added Crystal Effects to the faces to help define them a little more.
My wailing beauty is from Rick St. Dennis, click HERE for link to her.
I printed out and did a mirror image as well because I wanted the project to be able to be seen from all sides.
She was colored in with Copic's, set with Crystal Effects, fussy cut, glued together, and places in the tree.
The last two photos are of two other angles so that you can see all limbs, faces, and her.
As I am writing this, the designer paper in the back really does not fit this. Sorry! It needs a good graveyard scene.
This is so freakin cool!ReplyDelete