Friday, April 26, 2013

Fae Frog - Deadly

Freakin' Cool is what this challenge is!  Get a Free digital stamp and make anything you want with it, who could ask for more!  Get your buns over to the Smeared and Smudged Forum and sign up!

I am also going to enter this in the Haunted Design House Challenge 165, since the skin melting off my guy shows his bones.  The challenge is Skeletal Remains - anything relating to skeletal remains e.g. skulls, skeletons and bones etc.
While you are clicking around, check out all the great posts there and get ready for a new challenge Monday.

I do no know if any of you have seen a little TV show called Lost Girl, but it is all "FAE".  I kept wanting to do something along those lines, but ended up more along the lines of the TV show, Grimm.  This is an 8" x 8" scrapbook page from Aunt Marie's book...


The Gorey Deets
I printed out the Fae Frog onto shiny card stock, colored and cut out.  I used Crystal Effects on eyes.
I used a Rick St. Dennis DIGI stamp called "Let's have Brains", which I printed out on Very Vanilla card stock.  The bones were gone over with a Versa Mark Pen, then heat embossed with White Embossing Powder.  I then used an Aqua Painter and inks to color in, then cut out.

Poisonous secretion is Crystal Effects and Tangerine Tango re-inker, dried into drip shapes on a silicon mat.

I scrunched up some white tissue paper, then spritzed with Pink Pirouette Smooch Spritz and Mulberry Red Maya Mist to make the brains.

I sponged in the dirt, then used a stamp from a set called Clockworks (Stampin' Up!) to help add the darker sploches to make it look like dirt.

Trees are stamped with Early Espresso ink.  Tree stamp is by (c) Daniel Torrente from Stampotique, called Tree.

I used an Aqua Painter and inks to color in the background.

I adhered cut digi images and wrote in the words with a Sharpie pen.

5 comments:

  1. I am a huge "Lost Girl" fan, so this is a hit for me on many levels. So sad the season is over, but I can't wait to see what happens next.
    Love your skeletal remains creation, and your wonderfully clever techniques. Tissue paper is brilliant and the drips are perfect! Thanks for playing along with us in the dungeon at HDH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic love it I am also just spreading the word to any one who has a dark side I am starting a new challenge blog called http://punkyougirl.blogspot.co.uk/
    Which is just for dark creations I am also holding a DT call pop over and check it out
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous effects here to make a stunning piece. Especially like the effect of the brains erupting from the skull and the drips of gore. Thank you for sharing with us at HDH

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a fantastic job on this. Very creepy too. Thanks for sharing with us at Haunted Design House x

    ReplyDelete
  5. OOPS! Almost missed this. I must have been in a prebirthday mode. LOL Fab creation and I'm lovin' the combination of stamps you used. Wonderfully creep vibe and cool texture. LOVE it! xxD

    ReplyDelete